Assisted Living and A Welcome Companion for your Loved Ones
A Helping Hand Home Care provides services that will help your loved ones maintain their regular daily activities in the familiar surrounding of their own home.
Nutritious meals prepared with an awareness of dietary restrictions
If your loved has certain allergies, is diabetic, or has other health restrictions, our caregivers will prepare meals designed with their specific dietary needs in mind.
Home Health Aides can give reminders to a client when it is time to take medication or assist in opening prescription bottles.
A Helping Hand Home Care’s trained staff provides personal care and assisted living services on an hourly, continuous, or per-visit basis for clients in their homes. For many years A Helping Hand Home Care has assisted the elderly and individuals with special needs. With highly trained caregivers, our clients can maintain greater levels of health and independence while still living at home.
If you or a loved one is recovering from a prolonged illness, are back at home from surgery, have physical or developmental disabilities or have the every day challenges of getting older, our home care professionals provide the support you need.
We would be happy to assist you in obtaining the care you need. Give us a call today at 412-526-8181.
- Meal Preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Respite care
- Med Reminders
- Grocery Shopping
- Errand Service
- Weekly Communication with family
- Additional assistance as needed
- Transfer and Positioning
- Meal setup up/feeding
- Additional assistance as needed
As the primary caregiver, the role you’ve taken on is an important one. Your loved one as well as other family members depend on you. A Helping Hand Home Care believes as the primary care giver you deserve an occasional break given by one of our qualified home care aide. It’s important that you are able to recharge your physical, spiritual and emotional batteries and to be able to do it with peace of mind knowing your loved ones are in good caring hands. Allow us to help you provide the assisted living that your loved ones need.
Respite care is the opportunity for caregivers to take time for themselves. Our agency can provide Respite care that will allow you to run errands, go shopping, spend time with family and friends or just take a break. You will have the comfort in knowing that your loved one is spending time with a caring Home Health Aide.
There may be a time when performing household tasks may become more difficult for you or your loved one. Our caregivers provide the assisted living your loved ones need and are available to assist with basic light housekeeping needs to make your day a little bit easier.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Wiping countertops, running and emptying the dishwasher, sweeping and mopping kitchen floors.
- Making sure the bathroom is clean and that there are no loose rugs or slippery surfaces.
- Making beds, vacuuming, emptying trashcans.
Meal Preparation Services
Making sure that you and your loved ones have nutritious meals that are prepared with an awareness of their dietary restrictions is a priority for our assisted living specialists here at A Helping Hand Home Care. If your loved has certain allergies, is diabetic, or has other health restrictions, our caregivers will prepare meals designed with their specific dietary needs in mind.
Meal preparation services can be offered for a any period of time to assist a client in healing after a hospitalization. They can also be provided on a more permanent basis for clients who are facing chronic health conditions or need assistance.
- Home Health Aides can give reminders to a client when it is time to take medication or assist in opening prescription bottles.
- Home Health Aides can assist with grocery shopping, accompany to doctor appointments, and accompany on social outings.
Communication with Family
- We welcome a family members involvement in their loves ones care. Family members are welcome to contact us at any time. We will contact our clients loved ones with any changes in their condition or any updates in care.
- Changing linens.
- Washing, folding and ironing clothes.
Around The Clock Care
- We offer care 24 hours a day if the need arises.
- Everyday tasks that we take for granted, may be difficult for your loved one. To help make their day a little bit easier, A Helping Hand Home Care provides in home personal care. We can work with you to develop a customized care plan that meets your loved ones needs.
Personal Care Assistance
- Toileting: Assistance with transfer on and off commode or toilet, emptying commodes and catheter bags.
- Bathing: Assistance with bathing in the shower, tub or bed.
- Mouth Care: Assistance in care of teeth and mouth, including care of dentures.
- Grooming: Assistance with hair care, shaving, and cleaning and filing of nails.
- Dressing: Assistance with choosing an outfit for the day and getting dressed.
- Transferring & Positioning: Assist getting in and out of bed, wheelchair and/or vehicle.
- Special diet and meal preparation. Prepare and serve meals. Assistance with feeding. Clean up.
- Observation: Our caregivers will report any changes in the clients condition and needs to their supervisor.
- Additional services as needed
A Helping Hand Home Care accepts many forms of insurance as well as private pay clients. Please call412-526-8181 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the best payment solution for you.
Aging Waiver– Home and Community-Based Waiver Services may be available to Pennsylvanians over the age of 60 to enable them to continue to live in their homes and communities with support and services. If you or your loved one is qualified for these services A Helping Hand Home Care can provide your care once approved. A Helping Hand Home Care is also available to assist while approval is pending.
To check eligibility for the Aging Waiver Service Coordination Program or to receive information for this or other services, contact AAA Senior Line at 412-350-5460 or SeniorLine@alleghenycounty.us.
Please do not hesitate to contact to us when you are ready to begin a helping hand home care services. We look forward to assisting you.